Friday, May 3, 2013

Priesthood Blessings

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE priesthood blessings? I know that they are real and that they come from God. Even though I have had so many trials and obstacles with filling out my mission papers, I know that everything will be okay because of the blessings that I have received.

I have had quite a few blessings since I've decided to go on a mission. All of the blessings have told me to have faith and patience. They have all told me that Heavenly Father loves me and is proud of the decisions that I have been making. The blessings have all said that if I read my scriptures and study that I will be blessed. All of them have also said specifically that I need to have faith in the Lord's timing and will.

I once heard a talk that said, "faith and fear cannot coexist". It's so true. If I just have faith everything will work out. I won't have to worry and stress myself out so much. One of my favorite scriptures is Proverbs 3:5-6. It reads, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not into thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

How true and comforting is that? Even though I want to go now, and want things to be done now, that's not what God has planned for me. If I have faith he will direct me. He will lead to me to where I need to go. That  scripture has not only applied to my situation now but my whole life. A lot of the time I want things to go my way in my own time, but that's not always how it is. It may seem hard at first to have faith in Him, but everything WILL work out. It always does. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment