Friday, May 24, 2013

Faith and Patience

I went with what the oral surgeon told me, and I tried the no chew diet. I was about a week into it and I wasn't getting any relief at all. That one week was terrible enough. I was starving. I was supposed to be on it for four weeks, but I just knew that something else needed to be done. It wasn't the muscles that were tensing up, it's the disc that's out of place. I called the office to see if we could just get another appointment to talk and see what our other options were and to see if I needed to get an MRI. They agreed so I scheduled the appointment

I got the days requested off from work everything was good to go. Usually I can't get mutual days off work from both jobs, so this was great. I was anticipating the day of my appointment for a week or so because I just finally wanted to get a confirmation of what we were going to do to fix it.

I was on my way to Spanish Fork when I decided to stop at the Provo Town Centre because I wanted to look at a couple of things. I was pretty early, so I figured it would just do that before my appointment. When I parked in the parking lot I checked my phone. I had a missed call from about ten minutes before I got there. The number was an 801 number, so I called them back. It was the oral surgeons office.

They told me that they were going to have to cancel my appointment because the doctor threw out his back the day before and wouldn't be in. I was upset. Why didn't they call me that morning? They knew I lived in Logan and that I worked two jobs. Not only did I lose money by taking days off of work, I wasted a lot of gas money driving down to Provo for nothing.

I wasn't only mad that I wasted money, I was mad that I was going to have to wait to figure out my TMJ issue. We were trying to figure out my schedule and their schedule to see when they could get me in. Nothing was working out. Either I was working or they were closed. The earliest convenient time they could get me in was at least a month away. My mouth can't wait that long!

I called my mom and just started bawling and yelling because I just didn't know what to do. I love my mom so much. She is so patient and she always listens. Her advice has always been to pray and to have faith. She has the most faith of anybody I know. She has been through so much. I had to take a step back and think. My mom has had to deal with these kind of doctor problems for years. She never lets it get to her. My mom is such an example.

When I got all of those blessings saying that I needed to have faith and patience in the Lord's timing and will, I didn't imagine anything like this. I just need to keep telling myself that the Lord is preparing people for me that just aren't ready yet, and that I'm going to have the most amazing experience ever. I know that everything will be okay. I have faith. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment